- 200gm spaghetti
- 200 gm smoked bacon
- 1/2 onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 50 gm mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock (or 1.5 tsp dried chicken stock)
- 2-4 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 2 eggs (optional)
- salt and pepper
- parmesan to serve
- Cut the bacon into strips, fry quickly in a pan for 2 - 3 minutes
- Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms to the pan until browned all over, add wine, cream chicken stock until reduced.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10 - 12 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Return to the pan with the sauce and parsley.
- Toss well and serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.