- 4 skinless chicken breasts , cut into bitesized pieces
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 100g quinoa
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- 100g dried apricots, sliced
- 1⁄2 x 250g pouch ready to use Puy lentils [or not]
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions , cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Toss the chicken with the Cajun spice and arrange in a single layer in a roasting tin.
- Bake for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in the chicken stock for 15 mins until tender, adding the apricots and lentils for the final 5 mins.
- Drain and place into a large bowl with the chicken, toss together.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan and soften the onions for 10-15 mins.
- Toss the onions into the quinoa with the coriander and some seasoning, then mix well.