- 750gm sweet orange pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 brown onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, topped and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp curry paste a fistful of parsley or coriander
- 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup coconut cream or single cream salt and pepper
- Fry the onion and leek with olive oil in a large saucepan, until the onion is translucent.
- Add red chilli and garlic, and curry paste, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add chopped pumpkin and stock to saucepan, enough to cover pumpkin. Bring to the boil and simmer until pumpkin is cooked, approx 15-20 minutes.
- Blend soup in batches, then return to the saucepan and warm gently.
- Add coconut cream or cream, chopped herbs and salt and pepper to taste.