- 1 packet Kelloggs Nutri-Grain (no indication as to size of packet)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ cup oil (sunflower or olive)
- 1 packet mixed nuts (again, no indication as to size)
- 1 packet Maggi onion soup
- 1 packet Maggi chicken soup
- 1 tsp mustard
And… that’s it!! No indication as to whether it is cooked or not – fairly typical of Nana’s
recipes. So… I checked on Google and found the below recipe :
- 250g dry-roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 300g Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain (these are the “bolts”)
- 1/2 cup (125mL) of light oil (preferably peanut oil)
- 45g packet of French Onion Soup mix
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of mustard powder
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Warm oil in microwave, for example, on High setting for 30 seconds, then pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mix across a large, flat baking dish and put into the oven for 15-20 minutes, removing to stir every 5 minutes or so. The result should look dry and smell very aromatic.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before eating. Needs to be stored in an air-tight container.
- This recipe is easily adaptable to taste, e.g. use more or less Nutri-Grain, nuts, curry or mustard as your taste dictates.
- Makes enough Nuts and Bolts to fill a 2L container. Best eaten before 1st January.