Yum Moroccan Chicken Pilaf to use leftovers
- Olive Oil
- Medium Onion
- Carrot (or peas, zucchini, cabbage, capsicum)
- Clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp grated root ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coriander (or fresh!!)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli paste
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted cashew nuts
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken
1. Heat the olive oil in large heavy non stick frying pan. Add the onions, carrots and seasonings. Stir well, cook on low heat for 34 minutes.
2. Add the rice to the pan, stirring to ensure all the grains are coated with oil. Cook for 1 minute. Heat stock in microwave til boiling. Add to rice with dried fruits. Simmer 15 min til cooked.
3. Add nuts, chicken, heat, garnish with mint or coriander.