Mediterranean Chicken (serves 4)
- 8 Chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 11/2 t Dried oregano
- 1/2 c Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c Olive oil
- 11/2c Pitted prunes ( I use less – about 2 or 3 per person )
- 3/4c Dried apricots (about 3 or 4 per person)
- 3/4 c Green olives (about 3 or 4 per person)
- 1/2c Capers ( I usually use less )
- 4 Bay leaves
- 1/2c Brown sugar
- 3/4c Chicken stock or white wine
Combine all ingredients except chicken. Pour over chicken.
Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Preheat oven to 180C.
Bake 35 – 45 minutes in a single layer uncovered at first then cover when starting to brown.
Serve with rice or couscous.