- 78.07 ml peanut oil or 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 44.3759.16 ml red curry paste or 44.3759.16 ml yellow curry paste (more if you’re brave)
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 (793.78 g) can coconut milk
- 236.59 ml chicken broth or 236.59 ml stock
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breasts or 453.59 g chicken thigh pieces, cut into bitesized pieces
- 1 inch fresh ginger, cut in thick slices
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded,and cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, cut in strips
- 396.89 g can straw mushrooms, drained (apparently should be omitted)
- 88.74 ml fish sauce
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml chopped cilantro (optional)
- 946.36 – 1419.54 ml cooked white rice
- In a deep frying pan or wok heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add curry paste and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly stir in coconut milk and chicken broth.
- Reduce heat to simmer; add chicken and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard garlic.
- Add ginger, onion, and peppers; cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add mango, straw mushrooms, fish sauce, and sugar.
- When heated through, serve over individual plates of hot rice.
- Garnish with cilantro.