200g Tararua Butter
3 tbsp golden syrup
1 cup soft brown sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup Edmonds Flour
2 tsp Edmonds Baking Powder
60g Tararua Butter
4 tbsp golden syrup
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
2 large blocks of Cadbury Dairy Milk or your favourite milk chocolate.
For the base:
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Melt the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a medium saucepan. Remove from the heat, and stir in the dry ingredients for base (desiccated coconut, rolled oats, flour, baking powder).
- Press firmly into a rectangle slice tin and bake for 20 mins.
For the filling:
- Reduce the oven temp to 160°, fan forced.
- Place butter and golden syrup in a medium, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When butter has melted, add condensed milk. Stir constantly over medium heat for about 9-12 minutes, until the caramel thickens.
- Spread caramel over the base. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from oven and leave to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate completely in a microwave, and pour over cooled slice while still in the tin.
- Place in refrigerator until set. Once set cut slice with a hot knife!